The half-cent sales tax that Wake County voters approved in November 2016 has already paid for expanded bus routes, bus shelter planning and the start of transit studies. Now it’s time to decide what should happen next, and the public can help set priorities.
To learn more and to offer feedback, drop in any time between 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
- Wednesday, Oct. 25: John Chavis Community Center, 505 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Raleigh
- Thursday, Oct. 26: Carolina Pines Community Center, 2305 Lake Wheeler Road, Raleigh
- Monday, Oct. 30: Tarboro Road Community Center, 121 N. Tarboro St., Raleigh
- Wednesday, Nov. 1: Wake County Northern Regional Center, 350 E. Holding Ave., Wake Forest
- Thursday, Nov. 2: Laurel Hills Community Center, 3808 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh
- Monday, Nov. 6: Wake County Eastern Regional Center, 1002 Dogwood Drive, Zebulon
- Wednesday, Nov. 8: Wake County Southern Regional Center, 130 N. Judd Parkway NE, Fuquay-Varina
- Thursday, Nov. 9: Green Road Community Center, 4201 Green Road, Raleigh
- Tuesday, Nov. 14: Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place, Cary
- Thursday, Nov. 16, from 1 to 3 p.m.: Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave., Cary
Residents also can help with the priority-setting process by taking a survey at publicinput.com/waketransit.